Thursday, November 08, 2007

Luke's First Stomach Flu

Interesting day in the Hardymon household...I knew something was up when Luke slept until 9:15 am this morning! He always asks for milk when he gets up and wanted nothing to do with it this morning--clue #2! I decided to go on with our morning plans to head to the car dealership for our car's check up. I brought breakfast for Luke to eat. He was sitting so calmly in the waiting room with his head on the table eating a few cheerios and milk. He then took some of his cars and quietly was playing with them. I could not believe it and I was actually enjoying a magazine with all of this calmness...all of the sudden Luke threw up EVERYWHERE. With him being so young, I can't exactly tell him to direct it since it scared him so much. So I calmly brought him to the floor to finish and then calmly cleaned up what I could and informed the Ford service man. They then brought me quickly home (I'm praying the entire time that Luke would not throw up again). A few hours later Luke tried some water and crackers and again everthing came up so I called the dr. She said the stomach flu is going around and to put him on a completely liquid diet sipping very little and very slowly. We opted for the apple juice diluted with water. Luke had some crackers before he went to bed and was able to keep them down so hopefully he'll be over this quickly.
We did a lot of snuggling today and watched a lot of cartoon videos. Luke took his nap on the couch today...I felt so bad for him b/c he was so hungry but I could not give him any food. He truly did not understand.
He may be sick but he's still cute...he's watching tv here getting ready for slumber...
And off he goes...hopefully tomorrow will be an easier day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Little Guy...Hope you feel better today, Luke!!!